Monday, February 15, 2010

Q&A with Author Phyllis Pilgrim

Author Phyllis Pilgrim will be joining us at Glen Ivy Hot Springs on Thursday, February 25. Join us at 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in the Winter Lounge as Phyllis shares her amazing story. Until then, here's a little bit more about our friend Phyllis including her philosophy on life and three things she can't live without...

Q: What made you decide to write a book about your experience?
A: To better understand my adult choices and behaviors infuenced by the war years and to leave a legacy for my son and granddaughter.....it's a verbal history and memoir.

Q: What is your philosophy on life?
A: To have my doingness come out of my beingness that in turn comes from a place of love; to know who I am and live positively.

AWhat are 3 things that you can’t live without?
A: Love, friendship and positive work.

Q: Have you always been interested in Yoga and the spa atmosphere?
A: Yes since the age of 15 when my mother introduced me to yoga back in 1951, and the Rancho la Puerta experience for the spa experience since 1981, although I lived a wholistic life before that in both London and Barbados.

Q: What is it that draws you to yoga?
A: The completeness of the overall practices of body, mind and spirit interwoven into one harmonious whole.

Q: What is the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
A: "To do what I love" given to me by a doctor friend of my parents when I was 14 years old.

Q: Do you have a personal motto to live by or a favorite quote?
A: "May the beauty that you love be the beauty that you do, there are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth" - Rumi.

Q: What inspires you?
A: When ordinary people do extraordinary things ....and also The Dalai Lama inspires me.

No comments:

Post a Comment