Thursday, April 30, 2009
Bring your mom each Wednesday in May (5/6, 5/13, 5/20, 5/27) and she'll receive 1/2 price admission to Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa. Then, muddy up and meet us in Club Mud from 2-3 p.m. for your chance to win free grotto treatments & a chance at the grand prize $100 Glen Ivy gift card!
All you need is a swimsuit, a smile and a muddy mom (or any admirable female figure in your life)! Photographs will be sent to you via e-mail and also posted here on the Glen Ivy Blog. We will choose a weekly winner and they will be awarded with complimentary Grotto passes. Once we have four winners, the grand prize winner will be chosen by YOU by voting on the Blog. Voting will start Thursday, May 28th and ends Monday, June 1st, 2009.
So get your MUDDERS ready and remember, "The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful." --E.E. Cummings
Monday, April 27, 2009
Not only did Kierre and her guest go green, but they also taught me about arid gardens!
Thanks to everyone who shared their green tips with me! I had so much fun going green with you all!
As Kierre would say, "to being green!"
Please feel free to share your green tips here.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Thank you to everyone who helped honor Earth Day!
I leave you with this: Take care of the earth and she will take care of you. ~Author Unknown
Saturday, April 25 & Sunday, April 26
We are excited to announce glō skincare as our source for professional treatment and personal skincare products, now featured at all Glen Ivy Spa locations!
- Blended with Superior Ingredients
- Chirally correct
- Pharmaceutical grade
- Free of dyes and parabens
- Potent Concentrations
- High level of active ingredients
- Results driven clinical formulations
- Customized to Specific Skin Conditions
- Made to Simplify your Skincare Regimen
Visit us this weekend at Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa for:
- FREE Product Samples & Event Exclusive SALES
- Skincare Tips from glō Professionals
- Complimentary Individual Skin Consultation & Scan
- Product Demonstration & Personalized Product Recommendations
- Workshops on Optimal Aging and Repairing Sun Damage
- Free Gift with Minimum Purchase
- Refreshments provided by Hansen’s® Self Beauty Elixir™
Want your skin to glō? Call 888-GLEN IVY to book your appointment today or click here to buy glō products online!
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
S.E.E.D. also put together some plants for Glen Ivy employees to take home and plant in their garden. Can you guess what the plant is? Neither can we!-- It's a S.E.E.D. surprise!
We also had another day of Grotto Go-ers at the spa today! Aly, one of the Grotto girls, got grotto-ed and made her way outside to take photos with our guests. From recycling to banning styrofoam products, Glen Ivy guests know how to GO GREEN!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
We are one day away from Earth Day! Are you ready? We are-- Glen Ivy will be giving each guest a Glen Ivy recyclable bag tomorrow (while supplies last)! It can be used for groceries, traveling trips, a fashion statement or, my favorite, SHOPPING!
See you in the GROTTO tomorrow!
"I buy recycled clothes, buy in bulk and buy organic produce. My trash cans are only 1/8 full, always!"
Monday, April 20, 2009
I will see you all tomorrow-- same time, same place. And remember, sometimes you just GOTTA GROTTO! (try saying that 10 times fast!)
Take a mental break. Sometimes a minute of peace and quiet will do the trick. If you are getting stressed and overwhelmed, stop what you are doing and go outside. Often times a change of scenery will calm you down.
Turn on some tunes. It is said that the right music can lower blood pressure, relax your body and calm your mind. So if your stress level is reaching its high point, find some music that will put you at ease.
Laugh with a friend. Smiling can sometimes make us feel happy and relaxed. So call that friend that you know can put a smile across your face!
Create a mantra. Coming up with a short, positive statement can help you to center yourself. For example, when your life seems to be a catastrophe, saying “I am strong,” ten times might put you at ease.
Read a good book. Putting your mind into an activity as peaceful as reading a good book can help you to reduce your stress level. Grab that book and a nice blanket, and give yourself that much needed 20 minute break!
Hope you all enjoyed these stress-reducing tips! Please share your tips with us-- we want to know how you reduce stress in your every day life!
Always remember, take time out of your day ... FOR YOU! You deserve it!
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Glen Ivy Spa gift cards are the perfect gift for any occasion ...
• Administrative Professionals Day, April 23
• Mother’s Day, May 10
• Father’s Day, June 21
• Bridal Shower
• New Parents
• Any day!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
In gratitude for the wonderful gift of warm water and for all that the Earth gives us, Glen Ivy strives to be as environmentally conscious as possible. To spearhead our green efforts is a volunteer group of employees that are passionate about preserving the Earth known as Sustaining Earth’s Environment Daily, or as we affectionately refer to them: S.E.E.D.To date, S.E.E.D. has made some great changes and accomplishments at Glen Ivy Hot Springs Spa. Here are a few:
- Implemented a spa-wide recycling program for guests and employees
- Built 8 birdhouses around the spa to provide homes for Western Bluebirds
- Eradicated Tamarisk Trees, which endanger the native plants and trees in Coldwater Canyon. This allows native trees and plants to thrive, thereby keeping the animals and insects that live here safe, happy and healthy too
- Removed the use of all Styrofoam products throughout the spa
- Created incentive programs for ridesharing and carpooling
- Replaced 8 urinals with waterless urinals
- Installed drinking fountains to reduce plastic cup usage around the spa
- Consolidated vendors to reduce carbon emissions from delivery trucks
- Use all drain water to water the landscaping and then drain into natural aquifer
We shared our list – now you share yours!
If you’re passionate about being green, we’d love to hear ways that you’re making a difference at home or at work, tips you think everyone should know, and any suggestions you have for the spa!
Friday, April 10, 2009
- Aromatherapy. Soothe your senses with scents that put you at ease. Use candles, lotions, or oils in your bath. Also, keep your favorite scented hand lotion in your bag for a quick pick me up, wherever, whenever.
- Take a bath. The warmth and floating sensation is a relaxing way to wash your stresses away.
- Exercise. And when you can’t break away, take 5 minutes to really stretch out your body. You’d be surprised how much tension is released!
- Eat lunch away from your desk. Lunch should be a micro-vacation from your work day. It should be relaxing and enjoyable. So when your lunch hour comes, enjoy a nice salad or sandwich and don't work!
- Bring elements of the spa into your home. Keep Glen Ivy's Lavender and Eucalyptus Body Products around your house to infuse your day with the rejuvenating moments of a spa experience!
Hope you enjoyed these first few tips - check back next week for more!
Monday, April 6, 2009
April is Stress Awareness Month– a time when healthcare professionals, health promotion experts, and caregivers across the country join forces to raise public awareness about the cause and cures for our modern stress epidemic.
Here are some great tips for you (and me) to reduce our stress level this month from Jennifer Riley, a reporter at the Christian Post:
• Provide a listening ear. Often, those who are going through stressful times simply need someone to talk to. Make an extra phone call or meet a friend for coffee and offer the opportunity for them to talk.
• Send an encouraging note. Words are powerful. In the age of emails and text messages, handwritten notes show that you took time and effort to show you care.
• Say “thank you.” Offer your gratitude for people. Thank a coworker for his or her hard work or a waiter for serving you dinner. Everyone wants to feel appreciated.
• Laugh with someone. A good hearty laugh can relax you both and mentally lighten your load. Tell a joke or rent a funny movie with a friend.
• Perform a random act of kindness. Surprise someone with the unexpected. It can be as simple as paying for a friend’s coffee or offering to watch the kids so a mom or dad can have time to relax.
• Get a massage. It is said that an hour of professional massage can be as restful as 3-4 hours of sleep.
• Help someone organize. When the places and things around us are in order, we feel a little more put together. Take time to help a friend clean out a closet or scrub the bathtub.
• Take a walk. Exercise releases endorphins and makes us feel better all around. Walk around the mall with a coworker on your lunch break or meet a friend at a park after work and enjoy the fresh air.
• Share a smile. This contagious act can easily brighten someone’s day. Smile to a passing stranger; it may make a big difference in his or her day.
• Get away. Get away from the everyday circumstances that may be causing stress. Plan a weekend getaway or a day trip with a friend.
• Pray. Say a quick prayer for your friend and put his or her stress in the hands of the Ultimate Provider and Healer.
National Stress Awareness Day is April 16.
To your health & happiness- and a stress-free month!
Friday, April 3, 2009
In his honor, we had a small gathering in the Tiempo Lounge for team members and guests who wanted to meet and greet Chule, Glen Ivy’s very own celebrity, and we all enjoyed Chule’s presence, yummy cookies and delicious lemonade made by Chef Bill Wavrin. (I will admit, the cookie tray closest to me went fast so I apologize if you didn’t get a cookie) :-)
I was so happy to spend time with Chule and see how genuinely happy he is to meet new people and his sincere ability to make everyone feel significant. Each person that walked in - friend or stranger (not for long!) - was greeted with a hug and a kiss by Chule!
We have a massage therapist, Karla, who learned to knit from her grandmother and wanted to share her gift with Chule and presented him today with a blanket – a bit of a role reversal as he was the receiver instead of the giver for a change.
I also got some great personal notes for Chule from some Glen Ivy team members:
“Chule is so lovable and the blanket he made me is just incredible! I love it and I love him!” -Leigh-Ann Davidson
“Chule personifies the spirit of generosity. He has always lived his life with a giving philosophy. In his late 80's, he is still our Macedonian Zorba, a dancing delight in many people's lives.” -John Gray
“In 2005, I wrote this Contemporary English haiku for Chule. He had given me the most perfect pink blanket and the words just came to me. Chule and Vera have that gift of giving that finds the best in a person – you can't help but feel thankful.”
wraps a warm pink wool blanket
round my grateful heart
You know the saying, “There are some people out there who just light up the world with their smile”? – well, that’s Chule. We are honored to know him and if you’d like to learn more about Chule and the family blanket business, please visit their website. You can even purchase a Chule blanket for yourself!
As well, we’d like to sincerely thank our guests today who, in the spirit of Chule’s kindness and generosity, donated food in an overwhelming way. We’ve filled barrels and barrels full of food that will be donated to Second Harvest Food Bank in Riverside – we’re so excited to show up with a truck full of food!
Here are some photos of some our guests and Chule– enjoy!
Thank you to EVERYONE who voted and participated in March MUDness! I hope you all had as much fun as I did!
Congratulations again Christine! We look forward to your next visit!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Any ideas for another contest? I know you all have great minds and I would love to hear your suggestions!!