Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Honoring Our Troops

Here are a few of the notes that Glen Ivy guests wrote to troops in Afghanistan over the Memorial Day weekend:

"To our beloved troops-- Please know how much I appreciate you & your families for everything that you have sacraficed, contributed & provided for our country. My heart & prayers go out to all of you & I hope you all return home safely. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

"Dear troops-- Thank you for your bravery! I can't imagine what your lives must be like fighting for us, but please know we are thankful."

"Thanks for all you do! You are true heroes & are greatly appreciated. Come home safe!"

"To a wonderful person-- Thank you for all that you do. Each day I wake up thankful for my freedom and I thank you for it. Please know, on those tough days, you are supported. Lots of love!"

"Our prayers are with you and your family. It must be difficult to be so far away, doing what you are doing, but know that we appreciate you!"

"Just a note to say thank you for all of your hard work, sacrafice & for your unselfishness. It takes a special kind of person to do what you do & we appreciate it more than you know. Because of you, I am able to lead the life I live. Thank you again & may you return safe."

"There are no words that can say how grateful I am that you are willing to put your life on the line for our country. My love and prayers for your safety and peace will be ongoing."

"Dear service women, men & fellow Americans-- I haven't taken time to do this before, but I'm grateful to Glen Ivy for giving me the opportunity to express my thanks and admiration to you all for serving us so selflessly and giving so completely to your country. Your example should inspire us all to sacrafice and to give back to our country and to the citizens of the world for all the freedoms we are so fortunate to enjoy. Our thoughts are with you."


**If you would like to include a message in the care package that will be sent out to troops in Afghanistan, feel free to e-mail me the message at kristen.koman@glenivy.com and I will be more than happy to fill out a card for you. I will be accepting your messages until Friday, May 29th, 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment